Training & Workshops
Training & Workshops
Farm Safety Nova Scotia coordinates training and workshops to ensure farms have access to the training needed. FSNS makes every effort to have discounted training rates for its members, see Member Benefits. FSNS hosts various training courses and workshops throughout the year. Farms and industry organizations are also able to request training as needed.
Pricing below reflects the participant cost for registered farms at FSNS hosted courses. Pricing may differ for those wishing to host training on their individual farm – quotes will be provided on request.
All courses are subject to our Training & Workshop Policies.
- All courses will have a registration deadline of five (5) days prior to the course. If the course has available space, registrations may be taken up to the day of the course at the discretion of FSNS.
Fee Payment Policy
- Participants will be invoiced within three (3) days of the course. Payment is due within thirty (30) days. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or credit card. Late payments will be subject to a late fee.
Course Cancellation Policy
- All courses will be evaluated for minimum numbers five (5) days prior to the course.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule course dates due to weather, lack of registration or other unforeseen circumstances. Participants will be credited for their registration, if the course is cancelled by FSNS.
Participant Cancellation Policy
- If participants cancel their registration it must be done five (5) business days prior to the course, otherwise the participant will be responsible for the course cost.
- Non-attendance or cancellations received less than five (5) business days will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
- Transfer and substitutions will be considered up to three (3) days prior to the course.
Use the Digital Passport To Safety Booklet to document and track online or in-class safety training. Once a course has been completed, add the date taken, an expiry date and/or notes to keep track of the training. Refer back to the Passport to Safety to identify further training that may be required or you wish to complete. Use it as a reminder for when new training or retraining may be needed. This is a great tool for farmers to ensure workers have the training required to do their jobs safely on farm.
Attend Your Event
Are you hosting an event that you would like us to participate in? We’re always looking for opportunities to reach the farm community, please get in touch with us to discuss potential opportunities!