Farm Safety Nova Scotia (FSNS) works with Nova Scotia farms to keep farmers, their families, and their employees safe. It is our goal to ensure farmers have access to the tools and resources they need to operate safe and productive farms.
FSNS, a not-for-profit society, is an industry-driven organization working in the best interest of its members. All registered farm members of the Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture are voting members of FSNS, who can participate in member meetings, and provide direction on our mandate. However, whether a voting member or not, all registered farms can access services from FSNS.
A culture of health and safety where every decision made on Nova Scotia farms begins with safety.
To promote and support health and safety practices within our farm community.
Your Resource for Farm Health and Safety
- Access training at discounted rates
- Access tools and resources for use on farm
- Access workshops on relevant industry topics
- Access advice on health and safety practices for your farm
- Join the discussion on farm safety by sharing your experience and insight with others
- To work collaboratively with industry to ensure our best practices are safe and practical.
- To reach all generations on the farm- including youth- to ensure everyone has the tools they need to stay safe and make the best decisions possible.
- To work in the best interest of the industry; advocating on health and safety issues and promoting a positive image of our industry.
- To communicate with you in-person, as well as through newsletters, websites and social media.
Advocacy, Awareness, Resource Development, and Training and Education.