- This event has passed.
Discovering the Root of Your Back Story: Prevention and Understanding of Back Injuries
December 8, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Back injuries are one of the most common forms of farm-related injuries. Protection of the spine and related musculature is one of the most important steps a producer can do to remain active on the farm. Men and women are equally prone to work-related back pain and the first episode usually occurs between the ages of 20 and 40. Training will focus on whole body vibration, causes of back injuries/pain, doable strategies to prevent injuries/pain, and other considerations.
Farm/Ranch owner and operators, health and safety professionals, safety officers or specialists, managers, supervisors, safety coordinators, health safety and environmental interns and any person or persons who serve as safety personnel in an agricultural setting.
1. Identify causes of Agricultural related back injuries/pain
2. Cite and utilize strategies to prevent back injuries/pain
3. Describe and utilize proper lifting techniques as well as producer targeted stretching and conditioning exercises for the back.
4. Describe effects of whole body vibration (WBV)
5. Apply strategies for maintaining back health
6. Recall ways to manage chronic pain
Dan Neenan, MBA, Paramedic, Director, National Education Center for Agricultural Safety
Linda Emanuel R.N., Community Health Nurse, AgriSafe Network